Sunday, August 5, 2007

CHICKEN AND GRAVY





Chicken and Gravy





1/ 3 cup margarine or butter
1/ 3 cup flour
1/ 3 cup chopped onion
1/ 2 teaspoon salt
1/ 4 teaspoon pepper
1 & 3/ 4 cup chicken broth (1 - 14 ounce can)
2/ 3 cup milk
2 1/ 2 - 3 cups cup-up cooked chicken

1. Heat butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until melted.
2. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat.
3. Stir in broth and milk. (I also add several drops of Kitchen bouquet gravy browning sauce)
4. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
5. Stir in chicken (and frozen vegetables, if desired).
6. We also often serve over rice; mashed potatoes or puff pastries (found in frozen section of grocery store.)


Original Post on Willow Way Knitting Here

1 comment:

hakucho said...

Just had to let you know that I tried this recipe last week and it's a hit with my family. I cooked a big chicken in my crock-pot, saved the broth (I love two meal meals) and then with the leftover chicken and broth I made your recipe. It was delicious over wide egg noodles.. There were two servings left over and I must say it is definitely a good microwave reheat as well :)

Thanks for sharing the recipe :)