Friday, October 19, 2007
Turkey Rice Soup
2-3 carrots, chopped fine
3 celery stalks, chopped fine
1 large onion, chopped fine
3-4 large cans chicken broth
1 cup rice
1 stick butter
3/4 - 1 cup flour
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup half and half
4 cutlets of Turkey breast, cooked and cubed/shredded into large pieces
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning, if desired (I don't use)
1. Use 1 can chicken broth to cook vegetables and rice in for 25 minutes.
2. In large pot, melt butter then add flour to make a paste. Add two cans of broth to this paste.
3. Add cream of chicken soup; half and half and rice/vegetable mixture.
4. Lastly add cooked turkey and, if desired, poultry seasoning.
(Also can add 4th can of broth if a thinner soup is desired)
5. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.