Friday, September 26, 2008
Caramel Crispix Mix
1 12oz box Crispix
16oz nuts (I like almonds and cashews - can used mixed nuts)
1 cup pretzels
2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1. Put cereal; nuts and pretzels into large bowl
2. Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and corn syrup.
3. Bring to a boil and let boil one minute.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Stir well.
5. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until well coated.
6. Put on baking pan sprayed with Pam.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. Cool on waxed paper, stirring frequently as it cools to break it apart.