Friday, January 1, 2010
Strawberry and Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
2 slices Texas Toast per serving
fresh strawberries, sliced
cream cheese frosting*
1. Beat eggs (1-2 per serving) with a splash of milk until well mixed.
2. Melt 1 tsp or so of butter in fry pan over medium heat.
3. Spread one piece of Texas Toast with cream cheese frosting.
4. Layer with fresh strawberries and top with second slice of Texas Toast.
5. Dip in egg mixture and coat each side really well.
6. Place in fry pan and cook until each side is golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and ENJOY!!!
Cream Cheese Frosting:
(This can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before making French Toast)
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 cup butter
1 pound powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Allow cream cheese and butter to get to room temperature
2. Beat butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl with mixer
3. Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
4. After all the powdered sugar is added, mix for 12 minutes. (Do not mix less than that)
5. When almost done, add in the vanilla and lemon juice