Saturday, September 8, 2007
Island Steak Strip Kabobs
2 pounds beef, sirloin
1 (8 1/4 oz) can pineapple chunks
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Partially freeze meat. Then cut into cubes.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
3. Combine pineapple syrup, soy sauce, oil, ginger, dry mustard, and garlic in small saucepan.
(I often double the marinade recipe)
4. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
5. Place beef and marinade in zip lock bag. Close and refrigerate overnight, or 6 - 8 hours.
6. Skewer meat, adding onions, peppers, pineapple chunks, cherry tomatoes.
7. Grill 5 minutes, brush with marinade. Grill 5 minutes, brush with marinade. Cover and grill additional 5 minutes, or until done.