Friday, October 19, 2007
2-3 carrots, chopped fine
3 celery stalks, chopped fine
1 large onion, chopped fine
3-4 large cans chicken broth
1 cup rice
1 stick butter
3/4 - 1 cup flour
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup half and half
4 cutlets of Turkey breast, cooked and cubed/shredded into large pieces
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning, if desired (I don't use)
1. Use 1 can chicken broth to cook vegetables and rice in for 25 minutes.
2. In large pot, melt butter then add flour to make a paste. Add two cans of broth to this paste.
3. Add cream of chicken soup; half and half and rice/vegetable mixture.
4. Lastly add cooked turkey and, if desired, poultry seasoning.
(Also can add 4th can of broth if a thinner soup is desired)
5. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
from a restaurant in Sweden
½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
Beat for 5 minutes—then stir in:
2 egg yolks
5/8 cup flour
1/3 tsp. B. powder
Stir for 10min
Spread in pan – (My mom uses a 2 ½ qt. Corning oval pan(10x 12) that serves 12 people with a nice size serving) Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees
Cover with “lots of apples”( 6-8 cups of cooked apples) that have been almost completely cooked with a small amount of sugar. The exact amount of apples is not important. Mom likes to use a good cooking apple which are in abundance right now!
Beat 4 egg whites, then slowly add a scant cup of sugar
Beat about 10 minutes
Cover apples with meringue; then sliced almonds . Bake at 315 degrees until brown—about 45 minutes