Sunday, August 5, 2007
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 tsp. Lawry’s salt
1 1.25 oz pkg. Taco seasoning mix (we like hot & spicey)
1 cup diced tomatoes (Or 1 can petite diced tomatoes)
2 8oz. cans tomato sauce
1 4oz. can diced green chilies
8 oz. Ricotta cheese
9 corn tortillas
10 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded.
1. Brown ground beef. Drain fat.
2. Add Lawry’s, taco mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce and green chilies. Blend well and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
4. In bowl, combine Ricotta and eggs.
5. In bottom of 9 X 13 pan, spread half of the meat mixture, top with half of the tortillas. Spread with half of the Ricotta/egg mixture and sprinkle with half of the shredded Monterey Jack.
6. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
7. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
9. (Can be made early & refrigerated or frozen)
We top ours with shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream and crunchy tortilla strips
Dinner: Serve with pineapple,rice and cornbread rolls.
Original Post on Willow Way Knitting Here