Friday, September 26, 2008
1 12oz box Crispix
16oz nuts (I like almonds and cashews - can used mixed nuts)
1 cup pretzels
2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1. Put cereal; nuts and pretzels into large bowl
2. Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and corn syrup.
3. Bring to a boil and let boil one minute.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Stir well.
5. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until well coated.
6. Put on baking pan sprayed with Pam.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. Cool on waxed paper, stirring frequently as it cools to break it apart.
Friday, September 19, 2008
One 16 oz. can each
pinto beans (or black eye peas)
garbanzo beans (chick peas)
petite diced tomatoes (I like 2 cans)
chopped green chiles (5 oz can)
One cup each (chopped):
Onion, green pepper, celery, cucumber, cilantro
1 c cider vinegar
1/3 c oil
2/3 c sugar
1 TBSP fresh garlic
2 tsp Tabasco
¼ C Worcestershire sauce
1. Bring dressing to a boil.
2. Pour over canned/chopped ingredients.
3. Refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
*Note: This will seem very soupy! You may choose to drain it before serving or dish out what you need with a slotted spoon. I like to keep it marinading until the very end!