Friday, May 9, 2008
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp oil
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp butter or oil (for baking)
1. Mix first six ingredients together and beat until smooth
2. Refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight)
3. Heat crepe pan over medium heat. Butter or oil bottom.
4. Put @ 1/4 cup mixture on pan and turn pan to coat evenly.
5. Cook until edges start to curl, turn over and cook until done.
6. Stack cooked crepes until you need to use them.
Fillings: Fill crepes with tuna or chicken mixture for dinner entree; or with fruit/ pudding and whipped cream mixture for dessert.
Here is one example. I put a small amount of ice cream and some fresh strawberries in the crepe and roll up. Then I put a layer of whip cream and fresh strawberries on top and drizzle with Ghirardelli chocolate. Yum.