Sunday, August 5, 2007


Cream Wafers

1 cup butter
1/3 cup whipping cream (35% butterfat)
2 cups flour
granulated sugar

1. Mix butter, cream and flour. Chill one hour.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board.
4. Cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds. (I use a tupperware 'midgit' container)
5. Coat sides with granulated sugar.
6. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Prick each cookie with fork in 4 places
8. Bake 7-9 minutes or until slightly puffy
9. Put two cooled cookies together with creamy filling.

Creamy Filling
1/4 cup soft butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yoke (Optional)
1 tsp. vanilla

1. Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Tint red or green (or any color!) if desired.

Original Post on Willow Way Knitting Here


Mitchypoo said...

We call these Mrs.John Ross Cookies, don't know why. I think it's an old Dutch recipe and they are so good!!! I haven't made any because I can't resist eating them!

punkin said...

Thanks for sharing. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and will be bookmarking it! My mom made these when I was growing up (she's from Austin MN) and now I make them for my own family! They are our absolute favorite cookies for Christmas! We call them Swedish creme wafers!